DataNation is a fantastic resource which combines official 2011 census data with authoritative Ordnance Survey maps.
You can investigate local socio-ecomic conditions, view, analyse and personalise this data to engender critical thinking.
Use DataNation to:
- Involve students in collecting data about themselves and improve understanding of a data gathering process, its
purpose and benefits to society
- Foster a positive attitude to numbers and statistics through using real data that is of interest to students
- Enhance the process of statistical enquiry across the curriculum
- Encourage effective Information and Communication Technology (ICT) teaching and learning
- Provide access to large and meaningful real data sets
- Make comparisons between different parts of the country and seek to explain
- Use your own data, visualise and interpret